Prior to Accenture as Vice President with Computer Sciences Corporation (1997-2005) I focussed on large, complex outsourcing transactions and was the COO of CSC’s Global outsourcing relationship with BAeSYSTEMS. In addition, I was also a member of CSC’s UK Board.
My earlier career (1981-1997) involved leading many Consultancy engagements working in many different market sectors. These sectors included Government, Defence, Conventional and Nuclear Power Generation, Marine, Aerospace, Engineering, Health, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Software and Information Technology. I am experienced in the management of large, complex national and multi-national contracts (both consultancy and capital intensive) and business transformation programmes as well as not for profit organisations. Equally I have engaged and worked within small consultancies and I am currently a director of a start-up company. I have demonstrated my ability in delivering profit improvement and reversing the negative trends associated with businesses in distress.
- Fellow of the Institute of Leadership & Management
- Member of the Association for Coaching
- Certified Practitioner In Thomas International’s Personal Profile Analysis (PPA)
- Certified Practitioner in MyersBriggs Steps I&II and Tracom’s Social Styles.
- Institute of Leadership and Management Level 7 in Leadership Coaching.
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering (Glasgow) and a PhD in Engineering (Cambridge).
- Member of the Princes Trust North West Award Panel; 2000-2002
- Prior to moving back to Scotland in October 2015 I was a mentor for The Poppy Factory and now mentor for Poppy Scotland.